Answered By: Cambridge University Libraries Accessibility Service Last Updated: Feb 09, 2021 Views: 23
These are some of the initiatives undertaken by Cambridge libraries to support you and promote good mental health while studying (some of these may not be available due to COVID-19):
- Providing books to promote wellbeing (self-help guides, uplifting reads), including wellbeing ebooks available 24/7 to all members of the University
- Providing welcoming relaxation zones within libraries (cushions, beanbags, jigsaw puzzles etc.)
- Offering free refreshments during exam periods; creating time and space for study breaks
- Catering for different study preferences by providing a range of study spaces
- In some cases, library staff members are qualified Mental Health First Aiders
Please contact individual libraries (see the Cambridge Libraries Directory for contact details) if you would like more information.