Answered By: Cambridge University Libraries Accessibility Service
Last Updated: Mar 28, 2022     Views: 110

If you have a Student Support Document (SSD) from the Disability Resource Centre which recommends access to alternate library formats, the Libraries Accessibility Service can usually obtain or create accessible digital formats of publications held in the libraries for your own personal use, by using RNIB Bookshare, contacting publishers or digitising library copies.

Please email the Libraries Accessibility Service to request alternate formats of titles held in Cambridge libraries. Try to give as many details as you can about the book or resource you are requesting, including author, title, publisher, year of publication and any specific editions required. Some publishers may take several weeks to respond to requests, so please try to request titles as soon as you know that you need them.

Any files that we obtain or create for you are strictly for your own use. Please do not share them in any way.

Alternatively, Sensus Access is a free, self-service facility designed to allow disabled students and staff (or those supporting them) at the University to create accessible alternative formats of inaccessible digital documents. You can convert PDFs, JPEGs and other files into an e-book, text file, Word file, audio or braille. Further information and e-training is available. There is no need to register for this service.

Need print alternatives to electronic resources?

You might need print alternatives to electronic resources due to your disability. If this has been recommended in your Student Support Document, contact the Libraries Accessibility Service to discuss how we can help.