Answered By: Jenni Lecky-Thompson Last Updated: Feb 22, 2016 Views: 63
Under UK law, for the purposes of private study or non-commercial research, you may make a single copy of:
- one article from any one issue of a journal
- one chapter from a published work or extracts from a published book that add up to a maximum of 5% of the whole of the book
- one short story or one poem of not more than 10 pages or 5% from an anthology of short stories or poems, whichever is the greater
- a short excerpt from a musical work for study purposes but not performance
- an A4 extract from a map or atlas page.
If in doubt do ask library staff and they will be able to advise you. If you are making copies for teaching purposes, do seek advice from library staff as there are different rules for this sort of copying.